درباره ﺍﺭﺗﺒﺎﻃﺎﺕ ﺗﻠﻔﻦ ﺁﺳﻴﺎ
درباره رتباطات ماهواره ای ثريـــــــــا
1. What is the Thuraya Payphone?
Thuraya Payphone is a solution for rural areas where customers have difficulties to afford mobile satellite phones. It is a debit card payphone whereby customers can purchase chip cards of certain value in advance and use the chip card to make calls afterwards.
2. How to make a call via Call-for-All cards?
Calls with Call-for-All cards can be made by dialing 155, 156 or 157. The system will ask afterwards to enter the Call-for-All PIN.
Dial 155 for English language
Dial 156 for Arabic language
Dial 157 for French language
3. Can the chip cards be programmed? Are they re-usable?
No, the chip cards have predefined face values and can only be used one time.
4. Will CDR logs be available to Service Providers?
All traffic details can be seen on the PCAS (Prepaid Customer Administration System) that is provided to all Service Providers.
5. Does the caller have to use the international destination code inside the same country?
Yes, the user has to dial 00 even for local calls.
6. What kind of hardware do I need to set up the Thuraya Payphone?
The following components are required to set up the Thuraya Payphone service:
Thuraya Payphone SIM Card
SAT and GPS Antennas that come with the Payphone package
7. How is the Payphone service available to customers?
The Thuraya Payphone service is available to customers through Service Providers and distributors assigned by Thuraya.
8. Who are the target customers?
Thuraya Payphones offer telecommunication access to remote and rural areas, including towns, villages or hamlets. Some fields of operation are:
Government and military compounds/offices in rural/remote areas
Remote hotels, gas stations, construction sites and compounds
Highways between cities/villages
Oil and gas industries
9. Can additional service charges be added by the Service Provider?
National Service Provider can add additional service/tax charges in the tariff table.
10. Can the currency format be changed?
No, because chip cards or Call-for-All cards are used that have predefined face values in USD only.
11. What does Thuraya Payphone Package contain?
The Thuraya Payphone comes with the following components:
Thuraya Payphone Unit
Satellite antenna with 25 meter cable
GPS antenna with 25 meter cable
External Battery Cable
Quick Installation, Quick Trouble Shooting Guide
12. What are the basic steps to start using Thuraya Payphone?
Using the Thuraya Payphone is a quick and easy task:
Insert the SIM card
Connect the SAT and GPS antennas
Switch on and obtain Network and GPS fix
Now your Thuraya Payphone is ready to make the first call
13. What should I do to obtain Network and GPS fix?
Place the GPS antenna outside on a flat surface with a clear view to the sky. Afterwards disconnect the power and restart the Thuraya Payphone. The unit will now attempt to locate itself using GPS location data (this may take up to five minutes).
14. Can I change the SIM card while Thuraya Payphone is powered on?
No, the terminal must be switched off before replacing the SIM card.
15. Where is the SIM card placed?
The SIM card is placed in the fixed TU that is placed inside the Thuraya Payphone unit.
16. Is Thuraya Payphone designed for indoor or outdoor use?
The Thuraya Payphone can be used indoors as well as outdoors.
17. Can a Thuraya Payphone SIM card be used in other Thuraya terminals/products?
No, the Thuraya Payphone SIM card can only be used in the Payphone.
Copyright © 2009 -2017 Asia Telecommunications Company. All rights reserved.